12 health benefits to drinking warm lemon water
Lemons are a rich source of nutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamin C and pectin fiber. It also has medicinal values and antibacterial properties, as well as containing traces of iron and vitamin A. One of the major health benefits of drinking lemon water is that it paves the way for losing weight faster, thus acting as a great weight loss remedy. Warm lemon water serves as the perfect ‘good morning drink’, as it aids the digestive system and makes the process of eliminating the waste products from the body easier. It prevents the problem of constipation and diarrhea, by ensuring smooth bowel functions.
Here are 12 more reasons to add lemon water to your daily routine:
- Lemons are a rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
- Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
- They can help in balancing the pH levels in the body, the more alkaline you are the more efficient your body is (more to come on acidic vs alkaline and its impact on the body)
- Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
- Lemons aid in digestion and encourages the production of bile
- They help prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
- Lemons help to reduce pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
- The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
- Lemons strengthen the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes and help balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver
- Studies have shown lemons are of immense benefit to the skin by aiding in the prevention and formation of wrinkles and acne
- Aids in the production of digestive juices
- Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session
Packed with all this goodness, make it a point to begin your day with a glass of warm lemon water (squeeze 1/2 a lemon in 8 oz of warm water). Its cleansing and healing effects will have positive effects on your health in the long run.
If you liked this post or have more info to share, please leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to leave your email address to receive a monthly newsletter packed with lots more info, recipes, and training tips!